Get started with your eTrack
Log in to www.easyhunt.com and click on "Profile" at the top right. Click "eTrack dog trackers". Then click "Add eTrack" and fill in the tracker's name and IMEI number. The IMEI number must be filled in to enable the system to identify your dog. The number can be found on the packaging. Only the owner of the eTrack can put in and see the IMEI number. To the right of these fields a list of all your hunting teams will appear. Choose in which teams you wish to activate your eTrack, and which dog you will use. This can be changed at any time. Info regarding the dogs belonging to the various teams is put in directly into the respective team's members list and can then be connected to your eTrack tracker. It is not necessary to connect your eTrack to a specific dog, but if you do, the dog's name, picture and other info will be shown. If you do not, the name of the eTrack will be shown instead. Please note that all members and guests of the hunting team(s) to which your eTrack has been connected, will be able to see the dog's position in the Easyhunt App.
If you want to keep the eTrack for your own sole use, create a new hunting team with only yourself as member, and connect the tracker to that team.
You need an ETRACK+ subscription in order to access the map in the App and track your dog (please note it may take up to 6 hours before your subscription is activated after you have signed up). No other subscription is required if you are alone in your Team and no other members or guests have been invited.
Other teams who wish to track your dog need the TEAM subscription.
Download the Easyhunt App for iPhone or Android. If you already have the App, please ensure that it is updated to the latest version. Log in using your username and password. Go to the map view by clicking on the map symbol in the top bar in the App.
The first time the battery is charged, it should be charged for at least eight hours. The blue LED light on the tracker will shine with a steady light during charging. The tracker is charged with the accompanying charger. Compatible car adapters are available for purchase in most electronics shops. Make it a habit always to have the tracker fully charged at the start of each hunt.
The eTrack turns on automatically as soon as it is being charged. Once charged, disconnect the cord and place the tracker outdoors under open sky in order to establish a position quickly. Close the rubber seal over the USB port carefully to avoid moisture damage. The eTrack can be mounted either on the collar that comes with it or directly on, for example, a Garmin Astro collar. After a short time, the dog’s position will be shown on the map with a dog symbol. The first time this is done, it may take a little longer. Please be patient! The dog's position and trail can be seen by all members of the team that have logged in to the Easyhunt App.
- To see information about the dog and to see how much battery life the eTrack has left, click on the dog symbol in the App and then go to "i". Here you can also:
-Restart the tracker. This should help if the dog's position stops updating in the App.
-Lock the map so that you follow the dog.
-Change update intervals. Approximate battery life with good GSM coverage and at a temperature of 0 degrees C:
Update intervals - Battery life
10 seconds - 10 hours
30 seconds - 18 hours
3 minutes - 3 days
1hour - 1 week
- You can call the eTrack and listen to the dog’s bark. Call the number of the tracker just like any other phone call. The eTrack answers directly without any ring signal and you will be able to hear the dog barking. Due to the waterproof coating on the tracker, the sound quality is not perfectly clear, but it is sufficient to hear if the dog is barking or not. If you have bought the eTrack in September 2019 or later its telephone number prefix is 0031, i e you will be charged the cost of a call to The Netherlands i.e around 5 SEK per minute.
- If the tracker loses GPS- and mobile network contact or switches off, a question mark will be displayed overlaying the dog symbol after five minutes. After 48 hours, the dog symbol disappears altogether. If your dog is lost, we recommend that you take a photo of the screen within 24 hours in order to not lose its latest known position.
- eTrack does not have an on/off button. The tracker switches to standby automatically after 3 minutes and stops transmitting its position to the app. It switches on as soon as you move it or plug in or unplug the charger. It is a good idea to make sure your eTrack can be charged through your car's cigarette lighter socket.
Checklist if the eTrack does not function correctly
An icon of a dog shows the dog's current position in the Easyhunt app. If this is not visible, please go through the following checklist:
- Ensure that the eTrack is charged and turned on. This is most easily done by charging the tracker for an extended time and thereafter disconnecting the charging cable. Place the eTrack outdoors in order to establish best possible contact with the GPS satellites.
- Ensure that the green light shows that the eTrack is connected to GSM/GPRS and that the blue light shows that the tracker has locked its position via a satellite connection (please see "Key for the LED lights on the eTrack" below). If this is not the case, ensure that the eTrack is placed with open sky above and that there is mobile network coverage.
- Ensure that the IMEI number is entered correctly in the dog's profile and that the profile is saved.
- Log in to easyhunt.com and check under the option "Account" to see if the subscription ETRACK+ is active. If not, it can be activated in the "Shop" menu.
- Ensure that you are logged in to the App and to the hunting team which has the tracker registered in your profile.
- Check that you have the latest version of the App
- Log out from the Easyhunt App. Remove the App completely from your smartphone. Install the Easyhunt App again and log in once more.
- If none of the above options helps, please contact support at (www.easyhunt.com > Support). Provide your eTrack IMEI-number, which hunting team you have logged in to and your username. We will endeavour to help within 24 hours.
- Do not try to open the eTrack. The warranty is not valid if the lid has been opened. Furthermore, the tracker will no longer be waterproof.
Key for the LED lights on the eTrack
When the status highlighted in bold text below is showing you are ready to unleash your dog.
The eTrack is connected to a GSM network: (Flashes for 0,2 second every third second)
The eTrack is connected to a GPRS network (Flashes quickly twice every third second)
Searching for a GSM network (slow and long flashes)
Error with the SIM card (green light, no flashing)
The unit has locked position via GPS: (Flashes quickly for 0.2 seconds every third second)
Searching for GPS satellites (slow and long flashes)
Steady light with no flashes during charging
Sleep mode (no lights)
- Patented GPS-technology developed in Sweden and with key components from Switzerland
- IP-classified and waterpoof (IP 67)
- Measures 65x35 mm and weighs 38 grams (without collar)
- 900 mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Functions at temperatures between -20 and + 65 degrees C, and 5 – 95 % humidity
- A-GPS compatible for faster and more accurate positioning (accurate within 5 metres)
- Compatible with 2G och 3G mobile networks (850/1900 Mhz, 900-1800 Mhz)
- Built-in 3D G-detector (movement detector)
- Mounts onto the accompanying collar, or onto a Garmin collar